This AWS vs Azure vs Google Cloud for career tutorial will give you a closer look at the three leading cloud platforms and their critical differences. We will also reveal the certifications to help you decide which one you should learn.
Many organizations are migrating their on-premise data to the cloud as it is more cost-efficient, agile, and scalable. This has opened new job opportunities for professionals looking to enter the cloud computing market. However, you must compare the top three cloud providers — AWS, Azure, and GCP — before choosing any course.
In this ultimate tutorial for beginners, we will assist you in weighing the pros, cons, certifications, and courses of each cloud computing platform. We will also include the AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud comparison table you can choose to help you understand how they differ.
Amazon Web Services
AWS, or Amazon Web Services, is a widely used cloud computing platform with the world’s largest public cloud market share. In addition, it is the first and best cloud service provider to offer infrastructure services through the Internet.
- Extensive training materials
- Feature-rich cloud technologies
- Wide range of services
- Used by notable companies like Spotify, Netflix, and Airbnb.
- Complex billing system
Why Learn AWS?
- AWS certifications are suitable for beginners in the cloud industry.
- There is high demand for AWS skills compared to Azure or GCP.
- It is easier to learn as there are more learning materials available online.
Compared to Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud, AWS offers several certifications to help you validate your skills and enhance credibility. An AWS certification means you have complete knowledge and hands-on experience with AWS, which is counted among the major cloud providers.
If you want to build a career as an AWS expert, read our free AWS tutorial for beginners, where we reveal the best tools and services by Amazon Web Services. Learning about AWS tools and services will help you understand how the cloud platform works and why businesses prefer integrating it.
You can find AWS courses on:
Microsoft Azure stands next to AWS in the top cloud platforms list.
- Easy integration with other Microsoft products
- Hybrid cloud platform
- Offers more than 200 services
- Notable companies using Azure services include Samsung, eBay, etc.
- Complicated interface
- Costly pricing
Why Learn Azure?
- Certifications provided by Azure, like Azure Fundamentals and Azure Administrator Associate, are included in top-paying IT certifications.
- Professionals with existing Microsoft certifications like MCSA: Office 365, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, and MCSA: Windows 10 should learn Azure to solidify their credentials.
- Choose to learn Azure if you have prior experience with Microsoft services.
Microsoft Azure Certifications
Microsoft certifications help you to validate your Azure skills. There are three categories of the role-based system, including Fundamental, Associate, and Expert levels.
Microsoft Azure Courses
You can find courses related to Microsoft Azure at:
Google Cloud Platform
Despite being new to cloud computing, Google Cloud Platform is slowly catching up. It has reserved its place in the top three cloud giants offering services like data analytics, storage, networking, machine learning, IoT, etc.
- Affordable pricing model
- Toolset for AI and ML
- Live migration of virtual machines
- Notable companies using GCP include Snapchat, Coca-Cola, and Unisoft.
- Offers fewer services compared to other cloud platforms
Why Learn GCP?
- Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect certification is one of the top-paying IT certifications with a high salary.
- If you have experience with Google’s services, you can learn GCP quickly.
- It can seamlessly integrate with Google’s open-source technologies like Kubernetes.
- The significant growth rate in the market and high-paying job opportunities.
Google Cloud Platform Certifications
GCP certifications are categorized into Foundational, Associate, Professional, and Looker levels. Certification will ensure you have the necessary skills and knowledge to transform your business with Google Cloud technology.
Below we include AWS vs Azure vs GCP cheat sheet for services.
AWS Vs Azure Vs Google Cloud Comparison Table
Now that we have discussed each cloud platform in detail along with the certifications available, here is a quick comparison between AWS vs Microsoft Azure vs Google Cloud Platform.
|Parameters||AWS||Microsoft Azure||Google Cloud Platform|
|Year of launch||2006||2010||2008|
|Why choose||– Open and flexible
– Global reach
– Enterprise-friendly services
– Extensive offerings
– Dominates other platforms in many features like configuration, monitoring, security, etc
|– Hybrid cloud
– Ranks among the top cloud platforms in development and testing tools
– Open-source support
– Easy integration with Microsoft tools
Broad feature set
|– Open-source support and portability
– Designed for cloud-based businesses
– DevOps expertise
– Discounts and flexible contracts
|Why not choose||– Overwhelming options and features
– Cost management
– Difficult to use
|– Less-enterprise ready
– Fewer efficient management tooling
|– Fewer data centers over the world
– Offers less features and services
|Pricing||Hourly||Per minute||Per minute|
Cloud Market Share of Top Three Platforms
According to Synergy Research Group and Statista, the worldwide market share of leading cloud infrastructure service providers in Q1 2023 is as follows:
- AWS = 32%
- Azure = 23%
- Google Cloud = 10%
- Alibaba Cloud = 7%
- IBM Cloud = 3%
- Salesforce = 3%
- Oracle = 2%
- Tenant Cloud = 2%
It is clear from the cloud market share that AWS is the fastest-growing, most reliable, and stable public cloud service provider among the top 3 cloud platforms. This is why AWS professionals are always in high demand and get attractive salary packages.
Which is Better for Career: AWS vs Azure vs GCP?
Choosing between Amazon AWS vs Azure vs Google Cloud for career will depend on various factors, including long-term goals, work experience, educational background, etc. You can always expand your knowledge and skill sets by learning more than one cloud platform in your journey.
However, to get started and secure an entry-level position, choosing an easy-to-learn platform like AWS is best. Alternatively, if you want to enter big fields like machine learning and big data, you can choose to learn Azure. If you want expert help in understanding which is better among AWS vs Azure vs Google Cloud for career or want to migrate data to the cloud, contact Inferenz experts.