AWS vs. Salesforce is a hot debate between the two leading cloud tycoons in the IT sector. Both Salesforce and Amazon Web Services offer comprehensive services to users, including customer interaction management and web development processes. That’s why choosing the best cloud computing platform becomes more challenging.
While Salesforce’s CRM interaction helps businesses close communication gaps between companies and clients, AWS is the perfect solution that allows business owners to work remotely on the cloud. In this guide, we will reveal the main differences between Salesforce and AWS, along with the advantages and disadvantages of each cloud-based solution.
What Is AWS?
Amazon Web Services, also known as AWS, is referred to as IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), SaaS (Software as a Service), and PaaS (Platform as a Service). It has expanded its services across different regions and is offering more than 100 services, including pertinent data, an on-demand directory, and application development.
AWS, preceded by Azure and GCP, is the leading cloud provider. Earlier on March 23, 2023, AWS expanded its service list by adding AWS clean rooms. The new analytics service helps customers collaborate with their partners without sharing or copying raw data.
Listen to the #AWSOfficialPodcast to hear about the launch of #AWS Clean Rooms. ☁️💬🔒
Learn how companies can easily and securely work together without sharing or copying raw data. #CloudComputing #Analytics #DataCleanRooms 👉 https://t.co/NJMng7KHHj pic.twitter.com/4bwc4xbBLL
— Amazon Web Services (@awscloud) April 5, 2023
Using AWS services, companies can create clean rooms in minutes. This, in turn, eliminates the need to move data outside AWS or build, manage, or maintain their own solutions. If you want easy collaboration with your partners, choosing AWS could be the ideal choice.
Pros of AWS
Some of the best features of AWS include the following:
- Reliable: The stable, scalable, and global computing infrastructure acts as the virtual basis of AWS.
- Secure: Amazon Web Services ensures that your infrastructure is secured and hardened.
- Scalability: AWS is also known for its high scalability and performance. You can increase or decrease the AWS capabilities per your demand.
Cons of AWS
Learn about the various disadvantages of Amazon Web Services below:
- Confused Billing: The billing system of AWS is quite unclear and confusing for users.
- Computing Problems: Migrating to the AWS cloud and server downtime is complex for developers and engineers.
- Limited to Particular Regions: AWS cloud solutions are limited to specific areas, so resource volumes and storage capacities differ from one region to another.
What Is Salesforce?
Salesforce is a software as a service that helps businesses boost sales, offer superior customer service, and manage better clients. Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies used Salesforce to manage their business relationships in 2022, rising from 83% in 2017. As it can work without the servers or software, you can sign up and start their enterprises. Thus, it is preferred.
Salesforce recently announced Web3, which helps businesses to create connected customer experiences across Web2 as well as Web3. Brands can create, manage, and deploy NFTs (non-fungible tokens) in a scalable, trusted, and sustainable way.
Ready to connect Web3 with the world’s #1 CRM?
Salesforce Web3 is now available to create, manage, and deploy NFTs in a trusted and sustainable way.
See how @CrownRoyal, @Mattel, and @Scotch_Soda are already powering personalized campaigns and insights: https://t.co/NssAD7De7y
— Salesforce (@salesforce) March 15, 2023
Using Salesforce Web3, brands can connect Customer 360 with Web3 Data for a holistic view of customers. If you are a company wanting to leverage the power of blockchain and NFTs, choose the Salesforce CRM platform.
Pros of Salesforce
Some of the best advantages of the Salesforce CRM platform include the following:
- High Security: Salesforce prioritizes security with its built-in data security safeguards. The privacy laws and security features of Salesforce help you avoid misuse of client information and combat hacker vulnerability.
- Flexibility: Salesforce is one of the best cloud platforms that helps customers with flexible data analysis and reporting.
- Easy Customization: Salesforce is a CRM tool that features easy scaling and simplifying business operations.
Cons of Salesforce
Salesforce CRM is not a fool-proof solution to manage connections and client interactions. A few cons of Salesforce include the following:
- High Cost: Salesforce is an expensive solution for startups and small businesses, while AWS pricing is competitive.
- Poor Customer Support: Salesforce lacks good customer support, and people find it challenging to implement it.
- Complex Configuration: Salesforce installation is complicated compared to AWS, and the initial configuration makes it challenging for employees.
Choosing anyone between Salesforce vs. AWS depends on the needs of your businesses. Both of them dominate the market. Amazon Web Services is deemed to be excellent in IaaS, while Salesforce dominates in SaaS. Despite the fact that each of them comes with advantages and disadvantages, the two service providers formed a strategic partnership in 2016.
If you want to choose the best platform between the two, get in touch with Inferenz experts.
Similarities Between Salesforce And AWS
- AWS for cloud infrastructure and Salesforce for customer data are both considered global leaders in their respective categories.
- Salesforce and AWS manage cloud-based operations.
- Both encourage and promote app deployment strategies.
- The two cloud computing solution providers offer valuable certifications to the users.
Differences Between AWS And Salesforce
In reality, there are certain things you should be aware of when you compare AWS vs. Salesforce. Below are a few differences between the two.
- While Amazon Web Services is regarded as one of the best open cloud specialist companies and covers around 40% of the industry. On the other hand, Salesforce is considered to be the most successful CRM.
- Salesforce cloud computing is SaaS, whereas Amazon Web Services offers both IaaS and PaaS.
- Both Salesforce and AWS offer modest on-demand scaling results.
- AWS guarantees 175 fully attributed services from data centers around the world.
- The core concept of AWS is that it offers a flexible, reliable, and affordable framework for ongoing operations.
Briefly said, AWS is a computing stage launched by Amazon and incorporates cloud architecture. Salesforce Inc. is a free company that offers a wide range of abilities and features to increase customer esteem.
Choose Between Amazon AWS Vs. Salesforce With Inferenz
As both Salesforce and AWS had advantages and disadvantages, they collaborated in 2019. The two technologies, together, help businesses meet their needs and requirements. With Salesforce, customers can easily organize customer data. On the other hand, AWS helps manage data with proper cloud infrastructure.
You can choose Salesforce if you need high customization and scalability to make things simple. It is a great marketing team that helps you with lead nurturing, social media integration, marketing data monitoring, sales pipeline monitoring, etc. Alternatively, you can choose AWS if you want to select a cloud solution that offers a pay-as-you-go model.
If you are still confused between AWS vs. Salesforce, schedule a call with the experts of Inferenz.
FAQs About Salesforce Vs. AWS
Does Salesforce run on AWS?
Many Salesforce products work on AWS as they seamlessly collaborate with each other. Whether you are simply using Salesforce CRM applications or leveraging AWS to extend the applications, you can choose their combination to improve business operations.
Is Salesforce in AWS (Amazon Web Services) or Azure?
Salesforce utilizes AWS in regions where they don’t have their own data centers.
Which cloud platform is in high demand: AWS or Azure?
Amazon Web Services wins the game as it has more cloud market share than other platforms.