GCP alternatives are the common search term as the Google Cloud Platform offers fewer features compared to other cloud platforms like AWS and Azure.
Many businesses and individuals consider GCP one of the tough contenders in the top cloud storage solutions list. Even though the platform offers reliable services, other platforms like AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud, Alibaba Cloud, etc., are gaining popularity.
Whether you’re planning to migrate from Google Cloud to other cloud platforms or want to know some top alternatives to GCP, this guide is for you. In this article, we will reveal the top alternatives and competitors to the Google Cloud Platform in 2023.
What Is Google Cloud Platform?
Before we discuss the top Google Cloud Platform alternatives in 2023, here is a little about the platform.
Launched in 2008 by Google, GCP is a collection of cloud computing resources. The GCP operates on a similar framework to other Google products, including Gmail, Google Search, and YouTube. Thanks to exclusive features like cloud hosting and management tools, the GCP offers different services, including analytics, security, IoT, storage, etc. Hence, it is one of the main competitors of AWS and Azure.
The three types of computing environments that GCP supports include:
- Serverless computing
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
Some of the leading companies that use Google Cloud services include:
- Blue Apron and King
Core Features Of Google Cloud Platform
Some of the best features of GCP include the following:
Business owners always consider understanding the storage when choosing the best cloud platform. In this regard, GCP offers three main products:
- Cloud Storage: It is one of the most reliable and recommended Google Cloud services. The limitless storage option makes the GCP cloud storage suitable for all business sizes. Global data accessibility, easy data transfer, and 99.99% reliability make cloud storage ideal.
- Cloud SQL: GCP also features a MySQL database that helps you manage data with great control. Not only can you connect with the database within a few minutes, but it also offers convenient data migration using DMS.
- Cloud Datastore: Some exciting features of using the Cloud Datastore include a fully managed and rich dashboard, ACID transactions, and a multiple-access approach.
Computing and Hosting
Google Cloud provides several computing products to the user. The compute engine helps you operate tasks at hand on large virtual machines. As an IaaS platform, it offers easy provisioning, load balancing, and compliance. In addition, the built-in development services of the App Engine improve productivity.
Google Cloud Platform offers BigQuery to offer speedy answers to complex inquiries. Some critical features of GCP BigQuery include BI Engine, Connected Sheets, and BigQuery ML and GIS.
AI & Machine Learning
Google Cloud Platform provides AI infrastructure, Cloud AutoML, and building blocks to deploy AI-oriented projects.
Best Alternatives To Google Cloud Platform 2023
By 2027, around 50% of enterprises will use industry cloud platforms to improve their business initiatives. Industry cloud platforms enable a shift from generic solutions to platforms designed to fit the specifics of your industry. Below are the comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platforms considered GCP alternatives.
In 2010, Microsoft introduced a cloud computing platform that allows you to quickly build, deploy, and manage applications using Microsoft-managed data centers. It is one of the widely used cloud solutions with a high market share. The core features of Azure include the following:
- Data Security: Azure offers multiple security levels to customers. Users can easily customize security features per their requirements.
- Analytics: Microsoft Azure helps the admin view all user insights within the company.
- Azure Advisor: The advisor of Azure helps companies to utilize resources by analyzing the environment for performance and cost optimization.
The cost of Azure will entirely depend on the resources you want for your enterprise.
Update: On March 22, 2023, Azure announced Azure Virtual Network Manager (AVNM). The core purpose of AVNM is to connect, secure, and simplify the network resources in the cloud.
Group. Configure. Deploy.
— Microsoft Azure (@Azure) March 23, 2023
AWS (Amazon Web Services)
Amazon Web Services, or AWS, is one of the best cloud computing platforms you can consider in 2023. AWS, Azure and GCP are the top three cloud platforms with high cloud market share. Amazon Web Services is a cloud hosting company that provides cloud computing services and APIs. It is an excellent alternative to Google Cloud Platform as it charges according to the pay-as-you-go model.
- AWS Advisor: The feature of AWS inspects the environment to maximize the utilization of resources, optimize application performance, and save money.
- Physical Security: Amazon holds years of experience in managing data. It is physically secured to eliminate unauthorized access to servers.
- Scalability: AWS is a highly scalable and flexible cloud solution available on the market. That means you only have to pay for the resources and services that you are using.
Alibaba Cloud is a well-known Chinese cloud computing company, also known as Aliyun. Flexible and scalable technology is widely preferred in the eCommerce sector.
- Cloud Security: Alibaba Cloud provides extra protection and security from various attacks. Some features include Web App Firewall, Anti-DDoS, Cloud Firewall, and more.
- Database Backup: Alibaba Cloud, the leading cloud service provider, helps you recover data during data loss or disaster.
- Networking Services: Alibaba’s networking service offers a high-speed and highly stable network with flexible cloud connections.
One of the best Google cloud Platform alternatives is DigitalOcean. The best part about DigitalOcean is the low-price quote, which is 26% cheaper than Azure and 28% less than AWS.
- Easy to Learn: Most cloud-based platforms are very complex. However, that’s not the case with Digital Ocean. It is an easy-to-learn and straightforward platform that helps developers to deploy and manage cloud applications.
- Storage: You can store and access any data size by using DigitalOcean.
- Compute: Using the scalable compute products by Digital Ocean, you can quickly build and release applications on the cloud.
Snowflake is one of the top alternatives to GCP in 2023 that offers high-end security and cloud services. Back in 2022, Snowflake Data Cloud company announced a new Cybersecurity workload. The new feature enables organizations to better protect their enterprise data from cyberattacks.
— Snowflake (@SnowflakeDB) June 7, 2022
Customers can natively handle semi-structured, structured, and unstructured logs of high-volume data. Besides threat detection and protection, Snowflake’s cybersecurity workload offers other use cases like cloud security, vulnerability management, security compliance, and more.
The choice of the right cloud platform for developers with advanced platform security capabilities will depend on the specific requirements of the company. If you want to choose the best cloud computing platform, feel free to get in touch with the Inferenz experts.
Pick The Best GCP Alternatives In 2023
With an intuitive interface, flexible compute options, and preemptible instances, GCP is the latest cloud technology and an attractive alternative to other solutions. Even though Google Cloud owns a good share of the cloud market, many people want to choose a feature-rich alternative.
If you are still unsure about which is the best GCP alternative, you can contact Inferenz experts. Our expert professionals will help you find a customized cloud-based platform that can stand the test of time. Schedule a call with Inferenz experts and choose the right GCP alternatives which are tailored to your needs.