If you want to create a chatbot using ChatGPT, this 5-minute guide is all you need to read.
ChatGPT (or Chat Generative Pre-trained Transformer) is an artificial intelligence tool developed by OpenAI. The chatbot is capable of answering questions on a variety of topics. ChatGPT creator, OpenAI recently introduced the ChatGPT API to developers and the public.
ChatGPT Plus, powered by the new GPT-3.5 turbo model, has been recently released by OpenAI at a 10x lower price. These steps have opened the door for endless opportunities in the field of artificial intelligence. Even if you are a non-coder, you can create a chatbot using ChatGPT API for free.
In this ChatGPT tutorial for beginners, we will reveal a step-by-step guide on how to create a personalized AI with ChatGPT API.
Steps To Set Up Software Environment For AI Chatbot
Step 1: Start By Installing Python
First things first, you need to install Python by downloading the latest version for Windows. Click on https://www.python.org/downloads/ and then download python 3.11.2.
Before clicking on the “Install Now,” make sure you enable the checkbox for “Add Python.exe to PATH” present at the bottom of the page. Now press “Install Now” and follow the usual steps to install Python.
Pro Tip: Open the terminal on your PC or use Command Prompt “python –version” to check if Python is installed appropriately.
Step 2: Upgrade Pip
When you install Python, Pip automatically gets installed on your system. It is a package manager for Python that plays a crucial role in creating a chatbot by allowing you to install thousands of Python libraries. However, it’s essential to upgrade it before you proceed. Here are a few simple steps that will help you upgrade Pip.
- Open Terminal and run the command “python -m pip install -U pip.”
- Install the OpenAI library to interact with ChatGPT via API. Then run the command “pip install openai.”
- Next, install Gradio, which helps you develop a friendly web interface. It allows you to demo your AI chatbot or share the chatbot on the Internet through a shareable link. Use the command “pip install gradio.”
- Lastly, download a code editor to edit codes easily. You can use Notepad++, VS code, Caret app, or Sublime Text.
Once you have installed everything, your software environment is ready.
Step 3: Get The OpenAI API Key For Free
You need an API key from OpenAI to create a chatbot using ChatGPT. OpenAI is currently offering free API keys for the first three months. ChatGPT users will have a free credit worth $18.
- Create a free account by clicking on https://platform.openai.com/signup. If you have an existing account, log in by filling in your details.
- At the right corner of the page, click on your profile. Select “View API keys” using the drop-down menu.
- Now you can click on “Create new secret key.” Make sure you copy the API key to your Notepad file.
- As there are private keys, make sure you do not share or display them in public.
If you need any help in artificial intelligence or machine learning projects, contact Inferenz experts today.
Easy Steps To Build Your Own Chatbot With ChatGPT API
Now we will build an AI chatbot using OpenAI’s latest GPT-3.5 turbo model.
- Open Notepad++ or any code editor and paste the code. You can even generate code using ChatGPT or Copilot — two popular tools that help in code development.
- Add your API key that we have generated before.
- Now save the code by clicking on File and then Save As using the drop-down menu.
- Set the file name by adding “.py” at the end and save it to “All files.”
- Move to the saved file location, right-click on it, and select “Copy as path.”
- Open the terminal, enter Python, add a space, paste the copied path, and hit enter.
- On the below page, you will find local and public URLs. Copy the local URL and then paste it into the browser.
That’s it! You have built your own AI chatbot with ChatGPT API. Now, you can share the public URL with anyone, as it will be live for 72 hours. You can stop the server anytime by pressing Ctrl + C.
Start Your Artificial Intelligence Project In 2023
ChatGPT is a relatively easy-to-use artificial intelligence chatbot. It can carry out human-like conversations or write codes using the correct prompts. Besides creating a conversational chatbot, ChatGPT API can be used for a variety of purposes. You can use it to create content, translate languages, summarize text, etc.
If you are still perplexed about how to implement artificial intelligence or machine learning in your project, feel free to contact Inferenz experts. The AI professionals will help you from start to finish so you can create a chatbot using ChatGPT tailored to your business needs.